Refinery29 co-founder at DIS2020: how we built a multi-million-dollar digital media business
Philippe von Borries, co-founder of Refinery29, will speak at DIS2020 in Berlin about how he and his co-founders built the business from the ground up to the point where, recently, it was acquired by VICE for a reported $400 million.
He will be one of several international speakers at DIS (innovators-summit.com), Europe’s leading event dedicated to digital media publishing. Taking place annually in Berlin, Germany, the 13th edition of the Summit is on 24-25 March 2020.
We currently have discounted Early Bird tickets available, offering savings of €400 per ticket on the eventual full rates. Hurry to get your tickets before prices increase again.
Some 600 mostly senior level media executives from 30+ countries around the world attend DIS each year. Around 60 per cent of them are from Europe, followed by the US, Canada, Japan and others.
Von Borries, who was born in Germany, will be joined by 50+ other speakers from around the world, focused on innovation and development in digital media and adjacent sectors. Other confirmed speakers include (note: not all listed here, with more to be announced in due course as well):
- Amy Jo Smith, Digital Entertainment Group, USA
- Anita Zielina, Craig Newmark Journalism School, CUNY, USA
- Burkhard Leimbrock, Twitch, Finland
- Declan Moore, Wondery, UK
- Doris Ke, Business of Women, China
- Ennél van Eeden, PWC, The Netherlands
- Hazel Baker, Reuters, UK
- Kaspar Szymanski, Search Brothers, Ireland
- Lea Korsgaard, Zetland, Denmark
- Matthias Bauer, Vogel Communications Group, Germany
- Philipp Schmidt, Prisma Media, France
- Scott Lamb, Medium, previously BuzzFeed, USA
- Soumya Sriraman, Britbox, USA
- Tim Quinn, Hatebase, Canada
- Tom Xiong, Move Shanghai, China
Join these and other speakers, as well as colleagues from around the world for two days of networking and learning in Berlin in March. Sign up now with our Early Bird offer, saving you €400 on every ticket you buy.
See you at DIS2020 in Berlin in March!